Buy Water Kefir Grains Online in India
Packed with beneficial enzymes, minerals, vitamins and digestible sugars, buy water Kefir grain is an excellent source of probiotics and essential nutrients. Suitable for all (including those who are lactose intolerant and vegans), it is a high-quality source offering healthy yeast and bacteria for the body. Prepared using Kefir grains, it is slowly but gradually expanding wings across the globe.
The Kefir water drink is an organic drink that tastes wonderful just like refreshing soda. Made by combining either fruit juice or sugar water, it is an ultimate alternative for satisfying your craving for sweet and soda drinks.
Kefir water can be used to prepare a variety of flavored beverages using vanilla, maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit and so on. Further, the sweetness of water Kefir depends upon the quantity of sugar you add to it. Also unless bottled, it would give you a flat taste.
What are Water Kefir Grains?
Do not go by the name. Kefir grains are no actual grains like rye, wheat etc. are however they just symbolize the culture they come from. Buy water Kefir grains online in india and it comprises of beneficial and healthy yeast and bacteria that happen to be in a symbiotic relationship or say polysaccharide matrix that is created by the present bacteria. It gives stability to the growing culture of the water Kefir grains, for which they are popularly known.
Known by different names globally, one can find them getting sold as tibicos, sugar grains, Japanese water crystals or Tibi. The microbes present are fed on the sugar producing lactic acid, carbon dioxide, alcohol (ethanol) that yields a fermented soda-like or carbonated beverage.
What are the autoimmune natural health benefits of water Kefir?
- A catalyst for healthy digestion – Water Kefir is beneficial for your overall gut system i.e. it creates a base for healthy digestion system. The beneficial bacteria present in this probiotic helps in easy digestion, cleaning of the intestine and maintaining a digestive system that is healthy in every term. You can buy water kefir grains online in india from indiakefir.com .
- Prevents certain allergies – Water Kefir is a non-dairy product since it is prepared using organic sugar and filtered water. Unlike milk Kefir, water Kefir is less on bacteria and yeast but far more on other things than other cultured dairy products like buttermilk or yogurt. Also, water Kefir grains are gluten-free so those who are allergic to gluten can also savor this beneficial drink
- Effective source of probiotics – High on beneficial microbes, it is a drink full of healthy probiotics
- Produces beneficial vitamins – Water Kefir is known for its high content of beneficial vitamins like Vitamin B1, B6, and B12. Added with fruit juices, it becomes rich in Vitamin C too in addition to other nutrients
- Effective as an antibiotic and antifungal product – Being rich in probiotics, it additionally acts as an antibiotic and provides antifungal properties. The beneficial bacteria help fight fungi and other harmful bacteria thereby protecting our body from diseases
- Bliss for diabetics – Almost zero sugar content in the final cultured product is good news for people with metabolic syndrome since water Kefir drink will not lead to any fluctuations in blood sugar and will even keep the sugar food cravings in control
- Energy booster – Water Kefir is a great source of good nutrients that give your energy levels a notable boost. Whatever you add it to, fruit juice or coconut water or so on, you will notice a remarkable change in the energy levels
- Enhances immunity – As a probiotic, the beneficial bacteria and other good nutrients help enhance your immune system and prevent certain diseases
- Prevents inflammation – With the required nutrients as it constituents, it acts as an anti-inflammatory for our body by providing extra nutrition for the healing process
- Helps fight cancer – Water Kefir helps in fighting breast cancer and malignant ovarian cancer by keeping a check on the cancer cells growth. So it is both a prevention as well as treatment for certain types of cancer
- Helps in weight loss – It is beneficial in losing weight and can be included as a constituent in your diet menu. Water Kefir is known to burn fats more fast and effectively thereby making you lose weight fast
- Boosts skin health – By serving as a catalyst in the detoxification process, it somehow enhances the skin health too. Regular consumption of Water Kefir is known to have benefitted in slow aging of the skin. Furthermore, it is beneficial for the health of hair and nails too. Vitamin C present in water Kefir helps in the healing process of bruises and wounds faster.
Which water to use?
Look for water sources that have higher mineral content (like well or spring water) to reap the maximum benefits. Water from aforementioned sources is considered ideal to prepare water Kefir.
Which water to avoid?
Water taken from any source that uses carbon filter should be avoided since it is exceptionally low on mineral levels. Therefore, try avoiding the use of RO water or distilled water however if that is the only source available then do not forget to add unrefined sea salt (just a pinch of it) in order to ensure that the water now contains minerals too.
Are water Kefir grains reusable?
Absolutely, they are reusable. Once they are put to use to prepare water Kefir (you can use coconut water or sugar water or even juice), remove them from the cultured drink and they are good to be used again. However, it is advisable not to use that set of grains which have been used in juice or coconut water.
Furthermore, water Kefir grains come with an infinite lifespan; provided they are taken care of well. They are ready to be reused after every batch of water Kefir is produced i.e. generally water Kefir is prepared in 24-48 hours if kept in ideal conditions. Therefore, you can use the same set of grains after every 24-48 hours. Remember that keeping them aside for culturing for more than 48 hours can damage them.
Another convenience it offers is that you need not even rinse them between the batches; in fact, regular rinsing can damage the Kefir grains’ health too.
How long can I store the water Kefir in the refrigerator?
Yes, you can definitely store the ready water Kefir however following are the timelines, it stays healthy:
- 3 to 4 days at room temperature
- 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator
- 1 to 2 months or longer in the freezer
What can all be used to prepare water Kefir?
Ideally water Kefir is best cultured with sugar water however there are few other liquids that can be used to culture the same.
- It can be cultured with some fruit juices however it is advisable to use a different set of Kefir grains for sugar water and fruit juices since using the same set can turn out to be unpleasant in taste
- You can also use coconut water however prior to that make sure that the grains are completely hydrated by being cultured in sugar water for at least 3 weeks. Also, do not forget to use the Kefor grains alternately with sugar water and coconut water for their proper health
- A variety of sugars can be used to make water Kefir however it is recommended not to use honey, Splenda, molasses or any other sugar substitutes to make water Kefir since they damage the grains How to make water Kefir at home? The comfort is in making this beneficial health drink at home in few simple steps:
- To begin, make sure everything to be used in the process is clean including your hands so that there is no exposure to bacteria. Rinse water Kefir grains with filtered water before preparing water Kefir
- Use the appropriate sugar from white or brown sugar or palm sugar or maple syrup or sugarcane juice or raw sugar or other advised ones (you can choose the sugar depending upon its nutrients composition)
- Higher mineral content in the sugar results the grains to reproduce better nutrients like using palm sugar is good for our body due to its low glycemic index
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of Kefir grains to sugar water and let them sit for 24-48 hours at the appropriate temperature to catalyse best fermentation
- If you want to add further flavours then remove water Kefir grains and add them to your choice of fruit juice or any other suitable drink (as mentioned above)
- Last but not the least, store the water Kefir as specified in the guidelines above. Enjoy savoring your homemade health drink!!
Important Points to Remember
Few points to be kept in mind for both your water Kefir and Kefir grains to stay healthy:
- It is recommended to use a clean container for every new batch to be cultured
- It is recommended not to add any flavor while preparing the water Kefir i.e. no flavor should be added with Kefir grains
- It is correctly said that water Kefir grains multiply however there might be times when they don’t but can be used repetitively to make water Kefir
- It is advised not to use metal strainers however stainless steel is still acceptable. Plastic mesh strainers work the best
With the kind of benefits on offer and the ease of preparation at home, Water Kefir is a must to be added to your daily food regime. As an exceptional source probiotics and other nutrients, it is rich in enzymes, vitamins, minerals and digestible sugars that help in maintaining a healthy and balanced life. You can easily buy water kefir grains online in india on the shop page or by clicking below .